Official Guidelines for the 2017 Josie Music Awards as determined by The Josie Network, LLC.
Explaination of Categories;
- The Lifetime Musical Acheivement Award and the Josie Show Humanitarian Award are awarded yearly by The Josie Network and is not part of the nomination process.
- Promotion Company of the Year for promotion companies that handle all areas of promotion.
- The Junior category Artist of the Year (ages 6-12) is an all-genre award. The Artist of the Year nominees will have at least 1 original song.
- The Young Adult category (ages 13-17) is all-genre. The Artist of the Year nominees will have at least 1 original song.
- Age overrides all categories except Video of the Year and World Categories. Those few categories are the exception to the age requirements. Current age at time of nomination is what determines categories that an artist is allowed to be entered in (not the age an artist was when they recorded, etc.)
- Junior and Young Adult categories are determined by the oldest child in the group when determining category age.
- Vocalist of the Year will be awarded based on vocal talent only (vocalist of the year do NOT need to have an original song).
- Song of the Year categories are awarded to the artist and songwriters. In 2017 artists/songwriters will submit a song for nomination consideration within the dates that will be provided.
- Songwriter of the Year category will split into at least two categories: songwriters who write songs for others and songwriters of their own work. To be eligible the songwriter must have an ample amount of written work that is searchable.
- Song of the Year and Video of the Year categories for all genres must be within 2 years old. Song must be released by April 30, 2017 to be included in this year's award show unless they are made for a movie, those will need to be submitted by May 9th. The song will be counted if it has been remixed, remastered, or re-released within that time frame. Unless, they are currently in high rotation on Country Blast Radio (these will also qualify). Songs or albums that have previously won in Song of the Year or Album of the Year may not be re-nominated. A winning Video of the Year can not be re-nominated.
- Best collaboration category (all genre) must feature voices of all those mentioned in collaboration. Song entrance must be released within 3 years and may not be a former Josie Music Awards winner.
- In the Country categories the Rising Star nominees are not eligible for Artist of the Year or Entertainer of the Year. Rising Star nominees are eligible for all other categories.
- Female Artist of the Year and Male Artist of the Year in the Traditional/Modern Country category must have at least 1 album or EP (containing a minimum of 4 songs to be nominated in this category) and/or an excessive amount of LIVE performance tour dates/career length.
- Rising Star nominees must have at least 1 original song.
- Entertainer of the Year for all genre categories is determined by the amount and quality of LIVE performances, stage presence, and crowd interaction.
- World categories will include music in multiple languages and categories that are music artists outside of the USA or Canada.
- Versatile/Tribute Artists will be awarded to artists that work as a tribute artist as well as record and perform their own original music.
- Record Label of the Year nominees must have at least a minimum of 5 artists signed to their label to be included. Those artists may be contacted by our company during the review process.
- All business categories may be asked to show a business license during the review or submission process to be included. Businesses that are not licensed will be disqualified or moved into another category if available.
- Record Label, Management Companies, and Promotion Companies of the year nominees must have at least 3 artists signed to their LICENSED company and be in operation for a minimum of 1 year. Must be able to find a website on the company to verify clients.
- Music Producer of the Year or Video Production of the Year must have ample experience in producing music/creating videos for others outside of their own music if they are a music artist as well.
- Nominee decisions and award winner selection is reviewed and finalized by a panel of industry leaders who will remain anonymous to ensure the integrity of this process.
- As the categories continue to grow, the rules and guidelines that currently apply may change for future award shows.
- The Fan Choice Award will be the only award determined by Fans.
- The Album of the Year Award for all genre categories must have the album released by April 30th, 2017 for that album to be considered, a full review of the album must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- As genres grow more award categories will be added.
- The 2017 Josie Music Awards potential nominees will need to send back an acknowledgement of their nomination notice to be included in the final list. Instructions will come with nomination notice emails/messages.
- All nomination and winning decisions are FINAL.
Rules and Guidelines are subject to change without advanced notice by The Josie Network, LLC owners.
All Rules and Guidelines are final and determined by The Josie Network, LLC owners.
Internet radio stations and/or indie businesses working with other indie awards shows do not qualify to participate in The Josie Music Awards.