Josie Music Awards
By participating in the 2017 Josie Music Awards Songwriter Competition, all entrants agree to and shall abide by the following rules and guidelines. DEADLINE TO SUBMIT July 30, 2017!
- The Josie Music Awards is a competition for Josie Music Award Members. Entries must be submitted through our online submission process. All genres welcome. Not a member? Click the appropriate tab above and apply to become a Josie Music Awards Member before its too late!
- There are no age limits to qualify for entry into the contest. Minors must have the permission of their parent or legal guardian to enter.
- The entry fee must be submitted as an online transaction during the entry process. We accept payment via credit card or PayPal.
- Prizes: Overall Grand Prize Winner will receive TWO Full Production song recordings produced by Mark Moseley at Sound Control Studio in Tennessee. The winning song from the competition and one other. The song will debut on The Live Josie Show, rotation on Country Blast Radio, and promotion space on The Josie Music Awards website & Country Blast Radio website. 2nd Place Winner will receive $250.00 and 3rd place winner will receive $100.00. All winners will be listed on The Josie Music Awards website.
- Song release date is in 30 days after the Josie Music Awards event.
- Entries into the contest will have to record in Nashville within the first few weeks after the win to ensure the release date 30 days after award show event. Competition entries must pay for all their own costs including but not limited to travel, meals, hotel accommodations, etc.
- If you are a songwriter and do not sing, it is your responsibility to find a singer to record your winning song and second song within the same time frame above again the singer taking full responsibility for their own costs of travel, hotel accommodations, meals, etc.
- Volunteers and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this contest. Any such submission will be immediately invalidated. In addition, this contest is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED or restricted by any Federal, State or Local law.
- Multiple submissions are allowed. Each song must be submitted separately with its own entry and entry fee. Entry fee per song is $20.00 U.S. Dollars.
- Any and all submissions must be original compositions and the sole work of the creator(s) listed. All entries must not be in violation of any copyright laws, trademarks, intellectual property rights or basic ethical standards of amateur or professional songwriting. Any entry found to be in violation of the above or proven to be plagiarized in any way will be immediately disqualified. Furthermore, the Josie Music Awards shall in no way be held liable for any such legal action that results from unlawful or restricted submissions.
- The purpose of this contest is to judge entries solely on the quality of the song, lyrics, and melody. Do not submit with your entry any pitches, testimonials, singer recommendations, links or any other documentation wishing to support your entry. Such material received will be ignored.
- Songs must be submitted as a demo in MP3 format and a separate MP3 for each song submitted. Songs must not exceed four (4) minutes in length. The competition is not responsible for faulty file uploads.
- Songs submitted must have lyrics sung with backing by piano or guitar only. No full production MP3's will be accepted.
- Be sure your song or lyrics are perfect upon submission. No revisions or alterations to the entry will be accepted once the contestant has completed the submission process.
- All creators of any submission must be listed in the entry process. Up to 4 creators may be listed and only a single entry fee is required (one fee per song). Any creator may complete the entry process and will be listed as the primary contact for the submission. Upon submitting the entry, all creators listed agree to the terms of the contest. Prizes are fixed and do not multiply for multiple creators of a single submission.
- All rights to submitted songs are retained by their creator(s) and/or entrants. JMA will not reproduce any submission for the purposes of sale and does not claim any ownership or rights to any entry whatsoever. You remain the owner of your work.
- All contestants have the option of featuring their songs on the Winners pages of the JMA website. This is entirely up to the entrant and can be removed from the website at any time at the request of the entrant or winner. This will be for marketing and promotional purposes only and no songs will ever be sold by The Josie Music Awards.
- Once the submission process is completed and the entry is finalized no refunds for the entry fee will be given.
- JMA reserves the right to extend entry deadlines and/or change submission fees and make any necessary changes, postponements or cancellations in event scheduling. Individual entry fees are final upon registration and payment.
- Winners will be announced at the 2017 Josie Music Award Ceremony in Nashville, Tennessee. JMA is not responsible for any Federal, State or Local Taxes or international customs costs. Second and Third Place Prizes will be awarded at the ceremony. First place winner prize will be scheduled with Sound Control Studios/Mark Moseley.
- Entrant acknowledges that all songs entered may be distributed to judges who will be selecting the winners, and Entrant agrees to release, indemnify, and hold JMA, its sponsors, and judges harmless for all liability, damages, or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in JMA.
- Entries will be screened by a listening committee who will select the finalists. Songs will be evaluated by an outstanding industry team of professionals. Final winner will be selected by a professional music artist. Songs will be judged based on melody, composition, originality and lyrics. Lyrics must be in English. Production value and quality of demo will not be considered. All prizes will be awarded to the entrant whose name appears on the entry form. Entrant agrees to accept the final decision of The Competition and its judges. The winners release The Josie Music Awards, The Josie Network, Sound Control Studio, and affiliate sponsors from all liability regarding prizes won. All federal, state, local or other tax liabilities, including but not limited to income taxes or like amounts in connection with a winner’s award will be the sole responsibility of each winner. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes is allowed, except at The Competition’s own discretion. The Competition reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, as described for any reason.
- Affidavits subject to verification by The Competition and its agents. Entry constitutes permission to use winner’s names, likenesses, biographical information, address (city and state) and voices for future advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide and in perpetuity, without limitation and without additional compensation, notification or permission, except to the extent prohibited by law. All copyright, trademark or other intellectual property in such advertising shall be owned by The Competition or its licensors and winning participants hereby disclaim and waive any such rights to such advertising.
- The Competition does not give feedback or a critique to entrants. All entries must be submitted online to The Josie Music Awards.
- The Competition will use its best efforts to announce the prize winners at the designated time, but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays.
- Recordings can be done by Sound Control Studio Engineers.
- By entering the Josie Music Awards Songwriter Competition, entrant and/or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of JMA, Sound Control Studios, and its judges which are final and binding in all matters. Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official Rules And Regulations.